Switches are among the most frequently used items in your home, yet they are often overlooked when it comes to cleaning.
Clean and sanitized switches are crucial for preventing the spread of epidemics. Here, we will guide you on how to disinfect and sanitize your switches effectively.
How to Disinfect and Sanitize Switches
1. Ensure Safety First Before beginning the cleaning process, prioritize safety. Locate the main circuit breaker or isolator and turn off the power to the switch panel. This precaution is essential to avoid electrical accidents.
2. Choose an Alcohol-Based Antibacterial Solution Select an alcohol-based antibacterial solution for cleaning. You will also need a microfiber cloth for the cleaning process.
3. Apply the Solution Carefully Avoid spraying the solution directly onto the switch plate. Instead, spray it onto the cleaning cloth. This prevents any liquid from seeping into the switch, reducing the risk of electrical issues.
4. Thoroughly Wipe the Switches Gently wipe the switches and switch plate to remove all dirt and smudges. Pay attention to detail to ensure a thorough cleaning.
5. Address Stubborn Dirt For particularly dirty switches, use a small brush or cotton bud to access hard-to-reach cracks and holes.
6. Dry the Switches After cleaning, use another dry cotton or microfiber cloth to ensure the switches and plates are completely dry.
7. Restore Power Once you are sure that everything is dry, turn the power back on at the circuit breaker or isolator.
When cleaning switchboards, exercise caution at all times. Always remember to turn off your main breakers to ensure electrical safety during the cleaning process. While there are various cleaning agents available in the market, you can even use nail polish remover to clean the switches.
Avoid spraying any liquid directly onto the surface of the switch, as improper handling can lead to fire hazards and short circuits. Consider using switches that are dust-repellent and germ-free for added safety.
For more information on improving hygiene and preventing microbial contamination with antibacterial switches containing Silver Ions mixed in polycarbonate (which kills 99% of bacteria and prevents bacterial growth), please contact us.
For inquiries and orders, please contact us at +91-9400726668 or email@example.com.