Electrical wiring must be installed safely correctly and in compliance with the highest safety standards. These tips will help you in safely doing home electrical wiring.
- Electrical work should be done by an experienced or certified electrician
- Always good quality wiring cables for wiring example Ffinolex, V-guard, Polycab etc
- Each room should have individual circuit breakers.
- Each floor should have an individual distribution board with ELCB.
- All the DB should be properly earthed and checked for any earth leakages.
- All switches should be of good quality and which are easy to operate and clean.
- Internal piping used should be of ISI standard.
- The Main DB Should be of approved quality and make. (Legrand, V-guard)
- Light fixtures and fans should be star-rated so that energy is not wasted.
- All high power outlets should be wired with a min of 2.5 Gauge wires.
- Electrical drawings should be available at home for future reference.
If you have any doubts about wiring a particular area of your home or cottage, do not proceed until you have confirmed the correct way to proceed.