Fish ponds and water bodies are treated with special epoxy coatings for their final looks and properties. Those coatings which are particularly meant for underwater use should be non-toxic for fish and safe for plants.
Potable epoxy coatings are available in two types.
- UV -stabilized – to use in the application of Open to sunlight ponds and water bodies.
- Non-UV stabilized – to use in underground water storage tanks that are not open to sunlight.
The below method is followed in fish pond waterproofing and potable water epoxy coating system.
- Cast the RCC tank
- After de-shuttering do the core cutting and fix all the inlet and outlet pipes.
- Seal the pipe periphery using Bostik Flow Fill Grout GP or equivalent.
- Fill the pond with water and keep it for 3 to 4 days to identify the weak points and leakages.
- Provide injection grouting in the weak points and repair construction joints using polymer-modified mortar / Bostik Patchfix Micro concrete.
- Provide waterproofing coating using Bostik Boscocemslurry @ 1.5kg / sq. Meter
- Plaster the coated surface using cement sand mix 1:4 using Bostik Boscocem475 as a Bonding agent while plastering @ dosage 2 ltr per bag of cement.
- Provide water curing for 7 days.
- Allow the plaster to dry for the next 7 – 10 days
- Conduct the moisture test using a moisture meter.
- Once the moisture is less the 5% apply one coat of Bostik Moisture seal @ 5 sq. mtr / kg
- Allow drying for 8 hrs.
- Apply Bostik Epoxy coating UW of the desired colour in two coats @ 3sq. Mtr / kg
- Allow the coating to dry for 72 hours before water filling.
- Avoid falling of direct sunlight on the coating till the filling of water.
Cost of system
Pipe core filling – Rs 220 /- pipe
Injection/pressure grouting – Rs 180/- nozzle.
Waterproofing coating – Rs 400/sq.mtr
Epoxy coating – Rs 800/- sq. mtr
GST applicable Extra
Water and electricity are to be provided free of cost.
Our experts are competent enough to handle complicated jobs like swimming pool waterproofing and leak-proofing works. Leak detection and solving the same is our speciality.
There are many methods and many options to solve the leaks, always call us with all the available details.
The good thing is that about 50% per cent of all phone calls we get from worried pool owners about a leak normally should turn out to be inexpensive to solve.