Situated at South Moolamkuzhi, Kochi
This residential building, located in South Moolamkuzhi, Kochi, was constructed for Mr. K.J. James. It consists of a plinth area of 1100 sqft on the ground floor and 925 sqft on the 1st floor. The construction project was undertaken by KJA & Sons, a renowned civil building contractor in Kochi, Kerala. The project commenced on January 4, 2016, and was successfully completed on July 30, 2016.
Residential Building for Mr. K.J. James
Details of the Work Performed:
- Foundation: The foundation of the building was constructed using an RCC Raft and Beam over a 10 cm thick layer of River sand with a 15 cm thick PCC mix of 1:3:6. The ground level was raised 15 cm above the road level.
- Basement: The basement walls were constructed using Random Rubble with a mix ratio of 1:5, reaching a height of 60 cm from the ground level.
- Lintel: RCC lintels, 10 cm thick, were installed around the basement.
- Superstructure: Country-burnt bricks in a mix ratio of 1:6 were used for the construction of walls on both the ground and 1st floors.
- Plastering: Wall surfaces were plastered with a 15 cm thick layer using a mix ratio of 1:4 on both the interior and exterior.
- Stairs: RCC stairs were constructed using a mix ratio of 1:2:4 with 20 mm broken stone. Polished stainless steel handrails were added to the stairs and balcony areas.
- Floorings: Granite slabs, 20 mm thick, were laid on a 10 cm thick layer of PCC 1:3:6 with 40 mm broken stones.
- Staircase Finish: The staircase was finished with 15 mm thick Black Granite slabs using cement slurry. Vitrified tiles were used for skirtings, with a height of 10 cm.
- Interior Walls: Interior walls were finished with two coats of interior emulsion paint over a coat of interior primer, along with two coats of wall putty.
- Exterior Walls: Exterior walls were painted with two coats of exterior emulsion paint over a coat of exterior primer.
- Compound Wall: The compound wall was constructed using Country burnt bricks in a mix ratio of 1:5 and plastered with a 15 mm thick layer using a mix ratio of 1:4. Mild steel RHS square openings were provided in the compound wall. The compound wall was also painted with two coats of exterior emulsion paint over a coat of exterior primer.
- Rainwater Harvesting: A rainwater harvesting facility was incorporated into the building’s design.
By KJA & Sons, this construction project was skillfully executed, meeting high standards of quality and craftsmanship.