Ozone is a familiar name to all when it comes to water treatment. For many years it has turned out to be great and safe to use in water treatment systems all over the world. In the same way, it can be used safely in any Koi ponds and aquacultural ventures.
Since Ozone, is not a bleaching agent like chlorine it can be safely used for treating and reconditioning water. Another area of application is in disinfection of swimming pool water, ozonation avoids the use of harmful chemicals like chlorine and acids in the pool. The ozone disinfection method is safer for humans and pets than other traditional methods.
The Ozone system can be easily integrated into any existing filtration methods and shall be automated. It should be noted that even though ozone is a good addition to your existing filter system it is not a replacement for the main filter and biological filter.
Ozone equipment is not a substitute for your main filters but will enhance the performance of your main filter by giving a better-dissolved Oxygen level, zero bad odours and water clarity.
In the last decades, ozone systems have been recommended and are used widely in Koi ponds and water gardens. These systems play an important role in the field of aquaculture and RAS fish farming. Ozone can also be used to purify and improve air quality and remove bad odours in aquaculture facilities.
The other important area applications are in swimming pools, laundry units, Effluent treatment plants, sewage treatment plants and ozonolysis.
What is ozone?
Ozone is “Active oxygen ” ie, Ozone is triatomic (O3) and is formed by recombination of Oxygen atoms.
Ozone is generated by passing high-voltage electrical discharges through dry or pure oxygen. The half-life of Ozone is very short in water for about 20 minutes. But is found to be more stable in the atmosphere for up to 12 hours.
It is a colourless gas with a definitive pungent smell and can be detected at a very low level of 0.05 ppm. It is a strong oxidant with high disinfection properties. The disinfection reaction begins instantaneously as the gas mixes with water. The reaction rate is 3,200 times faster and more effective than any known method.
Ozonation is the best solution to solve most of the water quality issues concerning water treatment. It can effectively control bacteria, viruses, algae, fungi, colour, and odour. In short, it disinfects, oxidizes, deodorizes and decolorizes.
What are the benefits of using an Ozone system in koi ponds?
Ozone treatment of koi pond water in addition to the biological and mechanical filtration will effectively remove parasites, Bacteria and viruses present in the water. It will provide a pristine environment for your beloved fish.
- Ozonization is an eco-friendly process which disinfects and sterilizes the water and increases the dissolved oxygen level in your pond.
- Ozonization can be used to remove total suspended solids (TSS) and Dissolved Organic Carbon (DOC) from the pond water.
- It can efficiently control the level of Biochemical Oxygen demand (BOD) and Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) in the pond water.
- Ozone treatment of koi pond water enhances the precipitation of the microbiological components thereby increasing the effectiveness of biological and mechanical filtration/particulate filtration.
- It can reduce water loss by prolonging the backwashing period of filters.
- The ozonation process Increases the water clarity and the colour visibility of the Koi Fishes will not be impeded.
- Another important benefit is that you can completely eradicate the Foul Smell / Bad odour in the Koi Pond and from its biofilter.
Some Salient features of our Ozone Sterilization System are listed below.
- Manufactured with German Technology and Engineered components ( Vital for Ozone Generation) assured for robust and reliable performance.
- Unique closed-looped Ozone Generation in line with ORP monitoring of the Process Water ( presettable range 350-380mV ).
- Completely Automatic Operation and reduces the necessity of manual intervention right from sequential switching ON & OFF of the Oxygen Concentration, Ozone Generation & Venturi Injection based on the infeed water quality ORP reading and also safeguarding the entire system by preventing immediate switching ON of all the components at a time after the power interruption or cuts.
- Optionally we can add the Ozone Generation system with Datalogger to log the Ozone Generation to the ORP levels of the treated water. The data can be transmitted via the GSM module and also in .xls Sheet format for seamless monitoring, controlling, study & process improvement purposes.
- Backed up with expert service technical team to ensure machine downtime < 5% in a year, and complete service resolution within 48- 72 hrs for any service calls. ( All service calls are registered and managed by our CRM portal ) .
Attention! If improperly used, ozone will be dangerous (both for you and for your fish), therefore seek expert advice before you are going to purchase ozone equipment!