It was a fine morning on the 1st of June 2022, we visited the work site along with the Managing Director of M/ s Telenova Instruments and Machines.
Our objective was to remodel the building without spending too much money. At the same time to transform the facility per the requirements of the customer, make it waterproof, durable, and relatively strong, for at least twenty-five years, and with an attractive appearance.
The building was in terrible shape. The exterior and interior walls on the ground floor of the facility were damp. We also noticed that the existing floor level was 15 cm below the ground level. That was the main reason for the leaking. As a result, the painting of walls and roof slabs was peeling off in several places.
Major Focus Areas
- Some of the Wooden Doors and windows have to be dismantled, removed and replaced with new ones. Some of the walls are to be demolished and some walls are to be constructed to meet the client’s requirements.
- Tiles and the walls in the washrooms and bathrooms need thorough cleaning and acid washing. Waterproofing works on the ground floor have to be done with utmost priority.
- The compound wall on the East, North and west sides was damaged beyond repairs and has to be rebuilt.
- On the first floor, the roof slabs were damp and the cement plastering on the top of the roof slabs & sunshades was to be done. Some of the Wooden windows and ventilators were damaged and were to be replaced with aluminium windows and ventilators.
- All the fittings of wooden doors & windows were replaced with new ones.
- Interior works such as office tables, cabins, shelves and partitions were found to be repaired with new veneer & mica.
- The outside walls of the Building have to be repainted with 2 coats of plastic Emulsion over a coat of Exterior primer.
- The inside walls have to be painted with two coats of plastic Emulsion over a coat of Interior primer over a coat of wall putty.
- Paint all the Wooden Doors, Windows and Ventilators with two coats of Enamel paint.
- During the inspection, it was also decided to provide Tile cladding works for the show Wall on the front side & to provide G I Tube Pergola works for the front side of the office Room.
- It was also decided to have a thorough check-up of Electrical works and do the necessary works according to the suggestions of the Electrical Engineer.
Mr Jayachandran Nair has agreed to provide the required advance for the Renovation works at any time and gave instructions to commence the work immediately and complete the said jobs within 3 months.
Work began on the 7th of June itself. Priority was given to the crack repair work. Damaged cement plastering was removed from the inside and outside walls of the building.
New plastering works done with cm 1:4, 15 mm thick floated hard and trowelled smooth. And finished with a neat cement flushing coat after leak-proofing works. The chemical used for leakproofing works was from Fosroc.
Concreting with PCC 1:1.5 : 3 was provided for a thickness of 10 cm for the outside walls and has been done for a depth of 60 cm from the ground level. Demolition of Brick walls & dismantling of unwanted windows and Ventilators were done. New walls were constructed, wherever necessary with PCC blocks in cm 1:6 and the walls were plastered with cm 1:4, 15mm thick floated hard and trowelled smooth including with a neat cement flushing coat.
Damaged ceiling plastering was also removed and plastered with cm 1:3, 9mm thick floated hard and trowelled smooth including with a neat cement flushing coat. Fittings of all Doors and windows were replaced with new fittings including Mortice locks of the Doors.
New wooden Doors were provided with Anjili wood frames and Mahagony wood shutters. Damaged windows and ventilators were also replaced with new Aluminium Windows and Ventilators.
Electrical wiring was done on the ground floor with 1.5 to 4 mm approved quality cables. All switches, DBs, main switch etc. were replaced with newly approved quality fittings.
On the first floor, New wiring was necessary only in the office Room and the Reception and was done with approved quality cables and fittings.
Plumbing and sanitary fittings were checked and new pipes and fittings were provided wherever found necessary. Sewer lines & waste lines were also checked and damaged pipes and fittings were provided.
On the first floor, Vitrified Tiles were provided in all the Rooms and Bathrooms. Ceramic tiles were used as wall tiles in the Bathrooms.
A new G I Pergola was provided in front of the office Room with 80 * 40 mm RHS provided vertically with a 10 cm clear gap. The Pergola was painted with Grey colour Enamel paint 2 coats over a coat of Epoxy primer.
The front show Wall has been cladded with the laterite cladding stone and was painted with 2 coats of French polish. All interior works, such as office tables, cabins, partitions and shelves were provided with new mica. Wooden Doors and windows were painted with 2 coats of Enamel paint over a coat of wood primer.
External walls were painted with 2 coats of plastic Emulsion over a coat of Exterior primer. Interior walls were painted with 2 coats of plastic Emulsion over a coat of Interior primer over a coat of wall putty.
The whole work was completed according to the satisfaction of the Client on the 9th of September and the Renovated Building was inaugurated on the 21st of September 2022.